Thursday, October 30, 2008

Eh-hum # 262

Whew! Finally submited my paper last week, just in time for the break courtesy of the annual undas.

My mother hosted a dinner for the family on the 31st. It was fun watching my younger cousins huddle together and talk about college life (O-M-G! I am THAT old already) and other stuffs that young people in their early 20s and/or late teens talk about. Meanwhile, me and my sister decided to sing (rather, melodiously shout) a couple of 80's/90's karaoke hits. She also attempted to play with our three-year old nephew (rather, first cousin once removed), but what they had was a failure to communicate (he insisted on playing "Thomas the Train" with his own rules, meaning disregarding the stop/go signs my sister diplomatically explained to him. Awww, kids and their tendency to challenge authority). And then, my immediate family and I went to the cemetary yesterday and offered prayers for our departed loved ones.

And now, our attention turns to Christmas.

***

After submitting the paper online, I suddenly found myself with a lot of free time. My brother, using his power of persuasion, asked me to help him with a book report. Now, I am reading Arundhati Roy's The God of Small Things. Its not an easy read, but so far very interesting (I am half-way done).

I should spend all of this time wisely, which will be quite a challenge. But what motivates me are the advantages of a MA degree and the realization of my future plans. So I should get on with it and take things more seriously than usual. So, a partial list:

1. My SSS account;
2. Enrolment this Friday;
3. Acquire list of readings in preparation for my Comprehensive exams next summer;
4. Organize my readings for my thesis;
5. Review my nihonggo; and
6. Work for additional income.

Eh-hum!

***

ALRIGHT! Tomorrow, the United States will decide who will be leading their country after W. The rest of the world can only watch and pray. Abangan!

No comments: