Saturday, October 25, 2008

Eh-hum # 260

Bwahahaha. Yesterday, I laughed most part of the morning and all evening.

Accompanied benjotheman to the department store to purchase a few shorts and some socks for his overnight stay in a beach resort in Batangas (he left around 1:30 am today and will be back tomorrow afternoon). The said trip to the mall was hardly an adventure, but his impressive impersonation of his marketing professor (Are you insane?! Are you desparate?!) made the simple errand very enjoyable. The mall wasn't teeming with people yet so I doubt if my unabashed mirth disturbed anybody. Couldn't care less, really.

Later that evening, I was in a different mall enjoying a hearty pseudo-Japanese meal (gyoza and fried rice) with a small group of friends: one of my highschool/college barkada, my former boss and two former officemates. Talking about our misadventures at work left us gasping for air and teary-eyed. Of course, there was some serious moments, when our respective plans for the future dominated the conversation. It was, to say the least, a riot of an evening. It was a pity that we had to adjourn at around 22:00 to catch the train home. Nonetheless, I look forward to more of these soon.

***

So, what did I do in between (still staying at the mall). Well, I spent lunch and the early afternoon trying to figure out a concept for my final paper, which I promised to submit on or before Wednesday next week. I hope to submit a good one because my professor was kind enough not to give me a failing mark.

For the first time in the history of my grad school life, I have an INC grade (my idea). I am not proud of this and my rather dismal performance during the first semester really caught me off-guard. This is primarily (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) why I decided to resign: for the longest time, my studies played second fiddle to my work.

As I've mentioned before, I need this degree to move forward, professionally and personally. I was skeptical at first, but since I am thisclose to taking my comprehensive exam and writing my thesis, I became more comfortable with the decision to prioritize my MA. But of course, working part-time is not out of the picture since earning a little money on the side wouldn't hurt. Hehehe.

No comments: