Sunday, May 13, 2007

Eh-hum # 155


Before anything else, let me greet all the moms (especially mine) a Happy Mother's Day! No words can fully express how much we love these exceptional women and role models. From your kids: thank you for everything. ;)

***

Hate to put this in the same post...oh well...

I'm annoyed by a several things, and one of them is losing stuff. It does not matter how big or small, how significant or dull the thing is; just as long as I'm using it and then, by some weird force of nature (or simply my forgetfulness) I lose it, I get quite cranky. For instance, I remember back in grade/high school, whenever I lose the cap of a relatively new ballpen, I render the thing useless. Since a capless ballpen annoys me, I am forced to buy a new one, which also annoys me.

At this age, I still lose stuff. So far (here in Japan, I mean), I've lost a stapler, a comb and a handkerchief. (Also back in grade school, I lose handkerchiefs on a daily basis; hence, there was a time that I stopped bringing one to school and resorted to tissue paper, which I later realized was not a particularly good idea.) I shouldn't so bummed about it; but since these are MY things and therefore, I am NOT suppose to lose them. I don't know which is worse: losing things or being seen as disorganized and careless for losing even seemingly nonsensical things...like combs or hankies. Hmmm...maybe that's why I'm annoyed. Eh-hum.

***

In other news: this editorial cartoon from TIME proves that there IS justice in the world.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

hey con! i like this entry hahaha...i agree with that "capless ballpen"..grabe hehehe...please meet me when i arrive in Kobe on July 28, Saturday...