Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Eh-hum # 139

My sister started this. Eh-hum, excuse me while I gush like a gurly gurl.

I WANT TO WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!! Set in Ancient Greece, the movie 300 is based on the graphic novel by Frank Miller (Sin City), which in turn is a retelling of the Battle of Thermopylae wherein King Leonidas and and his army of 300 Spartan men fought Persian King Xerxes and his HUGE army. Their courage, strength and sacrifice inspired the whole of Greece to unite against the Persian invaders. ASTIG!

Before this, I always have been interested in historical accounts/stories/myths of ancient Greece and Rome. When I was child, I have memorized the names of their gods and goddesses. I have read the Illiad (an adaptation, of course), am familiar with the story of Odysseus and have watched HBO's ROME's first season(for the second season I only get to read the episode guide online, tsk, tsk). And yes, there is my fondness for strategy games, such as the Age of Empire and the Age of Mythology (and of course, Battle Realms). I also bought a book, the Last Legion (by Valerio Massimo Mandredi, and its movie adaptation will soon by released) , and I have plans to expand my collection of books/novels on Ancient Greece and Rome. But, this is not WHY I am gushing...

Heto ang dahilan:


Gerard Butler and his abs of steel. Please note that his physique was not CGI-enhanced; he and the rest of the "Spartans" had to endure months of rigorous training to achieve this look. *Sigh*, could Lena Headey be any luckier (heck, I wouldn't mind being sorrounded by Spartans wearing their, uh, "uniforms")? Hwehwehwe...

No comments: