Sunday, November 19, 2006

Eh-hum # 121

BRRRR...

Geez, from what I know, autumn is not over yet. But the weather we have here in Kobe is too much for someone like me (who has lived all her life in a tropical country). Moreover, getting ready for the cold season is EXPENSIVE, I had to buy some winter clothes plus accessories to protect myself for some serious sub-zero temperature. My skin is dry like land during drought, while my hands are numb as if I have been holding ice. Its so wierd that extreme cold could leave a burning sensation on your skin. Never in my life have I wished December-January be over. Back home, these are the most enjoyable months, because its cooler. Nonetheless, I'm glad I get to experience winter first, so that I can enjoy spring next year in April.

NIHON-HOPPING

I haven't had the opportunity to go sight-seeing, my classes has kept me quite busy. Also, the changing weather has kept me from visiting the neat places Kobe (and the rest of Japan) has to offer. However, all is not lost, I have still have more than 10 months, and I guess spring would be a better time for me to go around and get lost. More importantly, whenever other Filipino scholars have time to pahar-tei, I get to come as well. This usually means good (and crazy) fun and free food. HEHEHE.

PINOY NEWS

Sadly, I have not been updated with the happenings back home. But if its something about the elections next year, I rather not read the news, it leaves a bitter taste. However, the much awaited third bout between Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao and Erik "El Terrible" Morales, was something we Pinoys (and perhaps our Latino friends as well) like to sink our teeth into. And I couldn't be more happier with the news that Pacman was too much for El Terrible. Knocking his opponent in the third round, Pacman, also known as the Philippines' Pambansang Kamao, proved that the Filipino fighters are a force to be reckoned with. More importantly, his win showed that even a panadero can make it big thanks to hardwork and dedication to his craft. Manny, MABUHAY KA!

No comments: