Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Eh-hum # 110

Last week, my Tito Sonny passed away. He was 62.

He died of complications to his lungs. Am not particularly sure the medical terms, whether it is pneumonia or emphysema; but it was critical enough for him to use a ventilator. He stayed in the hospital for one and a half months before God decided to grant him eternal life. He couldn't speak and used a whiteboard to communicate with his family. He was survived by his wife and two children, who thankfully are now working.

The last time I saw Tito Sonny was perhaps last year. My father has always expressed that his kuya was generous and laid back, and I totally agree. Initially, I was afraid to look at him; afraid that the pain he suffered will be reflected in his face ( I would rather remember him as this person who was soft-spoken and down-to-earth). Fortunately, he looked peaceful and content. I am sure that he is in a better place right now, and he deserves it.

The only good thing about this whole experience was that I had the chance to spend time with my cousins (from my father's side) whom I rarely meet. I look forward to getting to know them better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im sorry for your loss con.. :-(

si sharon din lost a grandma.. sad naman :-(