Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eh-hum # 236

Hullo! So much has happened in the last week after our office outing at Laguna. Though I cannot share it in detail due to the nature of the work, I don't mind sharing a couple of things I learned about the industry I'm in so far and myself.

Also, I like to post some pictures I took in the past couple of weeks, which may describe what I am feeling right now about life and work.

***

For now, I would like to share my fondness for a television program I remembered watching as a child, Jim Henson's The Storyteller. As the titled suggests, the show was created and produced by Muppet master Jim Henson in the late 1980's. It lasted for two seasons and is now available in a boxed DVD set.

The show basically retells various folk tales/mythology with a combination of actors and puppets. The original Storyteller was John Hurt, he was replaced by Michael Gambon in the second season. Amid these changes, the show's format remained: an old storyteller sitting by a fire telling each tale to both the viewers and to his talking and realistic looking dog (a muppet voiced by Brian Henson).

I loved this show as a child, but I must admit there were times I was a wee bit scared due to the presence of some dark elements in the stories.

I hope there is a way for me to purchase the DVD set. All I can do, for now, is visit YouTube. Anyway, here's the opening sequence of the first season. Enjoy!


No comments: