Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Eh-hum # 11

SING IT!!!


Saturday, late afternoon until 10:00 in the evening, I was in a family KTV bar (is that how you call it?) along TIMOG.


The gimmick was (not surprisingly) with my mum's side of the family. Our relatives just came from Guam and before leaving for Cavite (then back to the US of A), we decided (actually, My uncle decided) that we should celebrate.


There are tons of ktv bars along Timog and I was surprised that our venue was packed, every room was booked (capitalizing on the singing prowess of the Filipino). It had those disco light thingies....studio 54-ish. It was a comfortable with lots of privacy (yes, you can't hear the operatic voices from the outside. Amazing).


While programming the machine for songs that we can sing, we ate like there's no tomorrow: nachos, fries, california maki, baked mussels, SISIG! And we drank merrily too (Cheers to my brother, a minor, who had his first beer).


Though not exactly a fan of karaoke (channeling Kimmy from my "Best Friend's Wedding"), in this case however, I was able to discover the diva in me, or at least chose songs that are appropriate for my voice. It was good clean fun, with cash on the side. Why? There was a singing contest, which was something the family enjoys tremendously (when cousins and siblings battle it out using the microphone).


I wouldn't mind doing it again. Really.

No comments: