Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Eh-hum # 150

Hmmmm...there is a trend here...

First, I wrote about JRR Tolkien and his latest (and perhaps last) work, The Children of Hurin (which costs almost 4,000 YEN).

Then it was Shaun of the Dead and a few words on Hot Fuzz.

And last but definitely not the least, Neil Gaiman.

Methinks this a British Invasion of meblog. And that was only the beginning (I forgot to mention that I did a short post on Harry Potter a few days ago).

I was blog-hopping (which I do after an intensive Nihongo lesson, bwahaha) and I came across one that talks (or wrote) about 80's new wave bands, and her favorite being the Lotus Eaters (they're from Liverpool). I was born in the 80's, but grew up in the 90's. I really wished I was more conscious of the music (and to some extent, the fashion) of the latter, because it was really unique. Nothing says more about the optimism of life and troubles of the heart than new wave music. The songs are timeless, really.

And speaking of the Lotus Eaters, here's a video of their FIRST and BIGGEST hit (which is actually one of my favorite 80's songs as well; in my top 5, without a doubt). Enjoy!



***

And it doesn't end there. Another favorite song by the band Big Country . Ailahveet :)

No comments: