Thursday, October 19, 2006

Eh-hum # 119

Nothing will happen if I mope around in my room all day, so I decided to go out and see the sights and sound of Kobe.

Flea Market and Tabehoda

After attending Mass last Sunday, I went out with other Filipina students to a flea market in Harborland. I forgot to take a picture of the actual flea market, but its basically a parking lot where participants just place their goods on the pavement (the "stall" is simply delineated by masking tape) so that potential customers will have the chance to touch and examine the stuffs. We arrived there around 1:30; it was windy but the glaring sun made it tiring to go around and check every stall. In my case, I have just one objective: to buy a winter coat. And thankfully, all that walking around paid off, I was able to buy a slightly used coat (not too fancy, don't want to stand-out) that can be washed via washing machine. I was able to haggle the price and got 200 yen off the selling price. My flea market experience will not end here, this weekend, 2 flea markets will be held near my dormitory, which is much better.

After spending a good three hours at the flea market, we said goodbye to Harborland and went to Sannomiya to have dinner at an all-you-can-eat restaurant (Tabehoda, I think...hehehe). You pay Y1280 and must eat within a 90-minute time period. Eh-hum, that's not a problem for me. Within 90 minutes, I was able to eat 2 plates of rice curry, 1 plate of pasta, 2 plates of veggie salad, 2 glasses of juice, and 1 (somekinda) huge slice of cake (I dunno what it was, but it was good). I was stuffed, and from the looks of it, what I ate costs more than 1280 yen. That's Pinoy appetite for you.

Oh yeah, while in Harborland, I also had the chance to visit the Kobe Port Earthquake Memorial Park. Unfortunately, my camera's battery allowed me to take one picture...hehehe.

No comments: