Monday, January 23, 2006

Eh-hum # 83

Pinoys united, whether pro or anti PGMA, military or insurgent, rich or poor. Amazing.

Like the millions (and millions) of Pinoy here and abroad, me and my family were glued to the t.v. screen noon onwards to watch the much awaited bout of people's champ Manny Pacquiao and Mexican Erik Morales. I am not a boxing expert, but I was indeed "entertained" by yesterday's fight (though the 10-minute commercials was a pain). The most memorable was Round 6, at least for me.

Boxing is one hell of a way to make a living; you have to get punched several times in the face in order to earn your keep (which gives a new meaning to the term "hard-earned money"). The return may be in millions (and millions) of pesos, but the risk is too much. Hence, whatever attention we're giving to the PACMAN is no match to the trouble he had to go through with his training and once he enters the ring. It is wonderful to see the nation united cheering the PACMAN on to finish an impressive 10th-round victory. If only we can be united on a daily basis....

***

I love my Nokia 5210, but after almost three years, I think its time for me to move on and return it to its rightful owner (It was mom who bought the little orange phone). Armed with my BPI Mastercard, I decided to buy a new cellphone. I was contemplating in buying the sleek Motorola RAZR V3 or the cute Sony Ericsson K300i. BUT, I was concerned that I couldn't get a signal from inside our house (this was my experience from my two Ericsson phones). Thus, I finally decided to buy a Nokia instead. I bought a cool and new Nokia 7360 (I chose the Coffee Brown). Its actually a new model, being four days old (until this post). I thought the design and color is really unique and the screen is just right (at least for me). I also love the backlight of the keypad. At almost P1,400 a month, I'd say this is a good find. ;)

No comments: