Monday, January 02, 2006

Eh-hum # 80

For my 80th post, I commemorate the year that was. As we were counting down to the New Year, I find it quite amazing that a whole year have gone by. As we have heard in the songs of yesteryear, it seems only yesterday that we welcomed 2005 with simple yet dazzling display of fireworks. Time is something we cannot control (I wish I could, though), but it is something so precious that we are compelled (more often than not) to spend or use it wisely. Hope your last year was a blast and that every second was well spent (for loved ones, work or studies).

My 2005 was a bit challenging but proved to be beneficial in the end. To make the details more organized (and perhaps less boring), I found this survey from a friend’s blog (thanks, Sharon!).

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?--Splurge, whether school or personal, using my own money.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-- Hehehehe, I was not able to keep my 2005 resolution.
-- For this year, I hope to be more responsible and more organized on everything that I will be involved in.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? -- Yes and no, my cousin gave birth to a baby boy while my cousin’s wife gave birth to a baby girl.

4. Did anyone close to you die? -- Thank God, none.

5. What countries did you visit? -- Hehehehe, don’t have that much money to travel…at least not yet.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? -- The will to stop taking second trips to the rice cooker.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? -- Uh, nothing in particular.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? -- Surviving the first semester of this schoolyear (with flying colors).

9. What was your biggest failure?-- Spending way too much using my credit card.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? -- Wala naman.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
-- My rubber shoes and athletic wear…hahahaha
-- My Miyazaki/Ghibli movie collection.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? -- My brother, more wit less irritation.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? -- Uh-oh…some relatives…hehehe.

14. Where did most of your money go?-- Food, clothes, siblings, credit card expenses.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?-- Getting my Miyazaki collection.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?-- Hmmm, nothing in particular.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Uhh, cannot tell.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-- Exercise
-- Doing things on TIME
-- Studying my Nihonggo.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?-- Eating
-- Procrastinating

20. How will you be spending Christmas?-- Karaoke singing, playing games with my younger cousins, gift-giving and eating till midnight.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?-- HAHAHAHHAHA…no.

23. How many one-night stands?-- HAHAHAHAHAH…none rin.

24. What was your favorite TV program?-- Madami: House, MD, CSI (all three) and some Anime stuff.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? -- Ala naman.

26. What was the best book you read? -- None yet, I was suppose to start reading East of Eden by John Stienbeck.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? -- I actually enjoy(ed) Karaoke singing.

28. What did you want and got?-- My present job. Hhehehe

30. What was your favorite film of this year?-- For 2005, its Maximo Oliveros. Go PINOY!!!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?-- Nagpakain ako ng pansit, sarap. I was 25.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? -- Losing a few pounds would be nice.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?-- Hehehehe, pants and polo shirts for life.
34. What kept you sane? -- Family, especially my siblings

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? -- Ken Watanabe, Jim Caviezel and Pope John Paul II.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?-- How about pissed you most? The Hello Garci case.

37. Who did you miss?-- My cousins living abroad.

38. Who was the best new person you met/knew better?-- My officemate, Ville (uy, special mention).

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: -- Time is Gold…or is it money?

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "The North is to South what the clock is to time, There's east and there's west and there's everywhere life, I know I was born and I know that I'll die, The in between is mine, I am mine"~ I am mine, Pearl Jam

No comments: